Good evening Enrichees!
Have you heard someone mention the Mercury Retrograde this month or maybe throughout the years? I have to say 2017 is the first time I have ever paid attention to this astrological phenomenon. Paying attention has benefits!
Basically when Mercury is in retrograde it appears as if the planet is going backwards, but it is actually an illusion. It is an illusion because it only looks as though it is moving backwards because of Earth’s movement on its orbit. To my knowledge this happens about three to four times each calendar year. The current retrograde is from December 3rd through December 22nd. In 2018 the Mercury Retrograde periods will take place on the following date ranges:
- March 23 to April 15
- Jul 26 to August 19
- November 17 to December 6
These days are particularly noted for being associated with emotional distress, confusion, annoyance, frustration and uncertainty to name a few. It is often recommended by intuitives to not make life changing decisions during these times due to the emotional and psychological disquietude. This is does not mean you should shut yourself in your home and avoid living. There are positive things that can come of the Mercury Retrograde! Below I have include some recommendations for making the best of this unsettling time. The best growth can come from discomfort and even pain!
- Reflect – I believe this is the perfect time to ponder deeply and think very carefully about what you want for 2018. Do not waste energy on what you do not want but set your intentions on what you would like to come to pass. Feel free to write these wishes, dreams, hopes and desires down.
- Clean & Organize – Purge those items that you no longer use. Donate those shorts you have not worn in 5 years! Make some space for all the new wonderful people and things that will be coming into your life in 2018.
- Meditate – A variety of low emotions are likely to happen so let’s be prepared. If you feel depressed, annoyed, sad or anxious try not to take these emotions personally. In other words, low/dark emotions function a lot like physical pain. It is our body’s way of communicating something is out of sorts. Meditation is an excellent way to create some objectivity between you and your feelings so you can identify, manage and resolve them much better.
- Pamper – You work hard and you play hard, but do you pamper hard? I encourage you to take a time out at least once a day to be nice to yourself. Give yourself a pedicure or manicure. Take a warm salt bath with nature sounds for the background. Plan a play date with a friend or loved one who knows how to make you smile and laugh.
What are some ideas you have for making it through the Mercury Retrograde unscathed? Please share!